Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Zombie geese!!!

In honor of International Talk Like A Pirate Day 2007, I was searching for some images of zombie or undead geese, but a Google image search turned up dry.

Why zombie geese? Well to be honest... that just sounds too cool for words!!! It could be because I am psyched to see Residen Evil: Extinction this weekend.

But really it is because I went to one of my favorite locations to photograph on Sunday, Arlington National Cemetery, where I saw a huge flock of geese as I was leaving. There were hundreds of them spread out in groups through three sections of the cemetery. I pulled into a parking area so that I could snap some shots of them.

0709_ArlingtonCemetery_152.jpg


I visited the columbarium for the first time while at the cemetery. Almost all pictures that you see of Arlington National Cemetery focus on the uniform headstones lined up perfectly, but you rarely see pictures of the columbarium, so I wanted to share some photos of the lesser known areas of the cemetery.

0709_ArlingtonCemetery_065.jpg

0709_ArlingtonCemetery_067.jpg

0709_ArlingtonCemetery_064.jpg


With the recent anniversary of the 9-11 attacks, I visited the Pentagon memorial (another first for me). The memorial was done very nicely and several of the victems were laid to rest in front of it.

0709_ArlingtonCemetery_089.jpg

0709_ArlingtonCemetery_092.jpg


The full set of photos can be viewed at my Flickr page.

If you happen to have a picture of zombie geese, leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment