Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Maryland Renaissance Festival

E Muzeki

I went to the Maryland Renaissance Festival on Sunday with my family. I have been to the Texas Renaissance Festival a couple times in past years, but this was my first time at the one in Maryland. These festivals are a great way to take a break from the real world for a day to feel like you are in a completely different world.

There were some extremely talented performers there. The young lady shown in the picture above is a part of the E Muzeki musical act. We didn't find them until we were about to leave. I really wish I could have listened to them longer, but I only saw them for a few minutes. I'll definately be watching for them next year.

The highlight of the trip was a bagpipe (yes... I said bagpipe) and percussion band named The Rogues I never figured that I'd really enjoy an hour of listening to bagpipes, but these guys completely captivated their audience. They're listed in iTunes if you want to listen to some samples of their music.

Click here if you want to view the full set of my Maryland Renaissance Festival pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment