Monday, January 26, 2009

Building a new PC

It's been a few years since I built my last PC. Since that time, I became a Mac user for a couple years, but now I'm ready to switch back to Windows, especially with Windows 7 coming up.

After extensive research and consideration, here are the parts that I have chosen for my PC...

Case: Cooler Master HAF 932
CPU:
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz
CPU fan:
Cooler Master V8
Motherboard: EVGA X58
Video: EVGA GeForce GTX 260 SC
Memory: Corsair Dominator 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3 1600
Hard drive: 2 Seagate Barracuda 750GB SATA 300
Power supply: Corsair 850TX
CD/DVD: Samsung 22X SH-S223Q SATA
Keyboard/Mouse: Logitech Wave Wireless

For the LCD, I'll use my 23" Apple Cinema Display for now. Dell has some LED displays becoming available next month which have my eye.

I keep telling myself that I'm not going to get into PC gaming again, but I'd be lieing if I said I wasn't excited to break this machine in with Diablo III whenever it's released.

Once I get the parts I'll post pictures of the build process.

No comments:

Post a Comment